This course meets the requirements for court-ordered alcohol/drug education or minor in possession education. The purpose of this eight-hour program is to heighten the consciousness of the participants concerning their substance abuse. Participants will learn skills necessary to make appropriate decisions regarding use of illegal drugs and/or alcohol use. Video, handouts, and speakers are used to facilitate discussion.
- Discussion of value systems vs. actions
- Exploration of the behavior which led to arrest
- Law and behavior comparison
- Myths vs. facts about alcohol and drug use
- Impairment of driver skills due to substance use
- Costs to the individual and society at large
- Health consequences of chemical and substance use
National Safety Council, Nebraska
11620 M Circle, Omaha NE 68137
Class is held twice per month on Saturday 8am to 4pm.