This course is tailored for individuals who will be designated as Competent Persons under the requirements of the silica final rule. Receive training to ensure your company's compliance with the new silica regulations. Enforcement begins June 23, 2018 for the Construction Industry.
Industries affected by this rule:
- Companies that work with concrete products
- Brick manufacturers
- Asphalt companies
- Stone product companies (counter tops, fiber cement siding, monuments and other stone building materials
- Companies that use porcelain (dental products)
- Pottery, clay, jewelry and glass mamufacturers
- How to identify silica hazards in the workplace
- Health hazards associated with silica exposure
- How to protect employees and properly mitigate exposure
- How to fully comply with all parts of the new regulations, including: compliant tools and engineering controls, air sampling, medical monitoring, and written program requirements
Attendee will receive a certificate of completion.
Safety managers or directors. Employees that work with affected products or may encounter silica as part of their day to day work.
National Safety Council, Nebraska
11620 M Circle
Omaha, NE 68137