This course allows the student to become a trainer in the Outreach Program and to conduct both a 10-hour and 30-hour general industry safety and health course and to issue cards to participants verifying course completion. Students must prepare a one-hour presentation on an assigned OSHA General Industry Outreach topic individually and pass a written exam at the end of the course.
Note: Authorized OSHA Outreach trainers are required to take OSHA 503 every four years to maintain instructor status.
- Subjects covered in the 10-hour and 30-hour programs
- The most hazardous safety and health issues using OSHA standards as a guide
- Instructional approaches
- Use of visual aids and handouts
- Personnel interested in teaching the 10-hour and 30-hour General Industry Safety and Health Outreach
- Completion of OSHA 511
- Five years of general industry safety experience
National Safety Council, Nebraska
11620 M Circle, Omaha, NE
January, April, July, October