Earn the Certificate in Principles of Safety by successfully completing the Principles of Occupational Safety and Health course. Participants gain a solid knowledge of safety practices and terminology, the confidence needed to implement a comprehensive safety, and the ability communicate an effective safety program.
This course is a great introduction for anyone with safety responsibilities and an excellent review course for those with more experience.
POSH is as a four-day course or four one-day courses.
A resource CD is now included with more than 75 valuable reference documents, including: Self Inspection Checklist, Job Safety Analysis Form, Causal Factors Checklist, and a variety of OSHA tools and fact sheets.
- Recordkeeping to prevent injuries and illness and meet OSHA requirements
- Safety inspections
- Incident investigations
- Industrial hygiene and HazCom standards
- Communicating safety messages, increasing employee buy-in
- Anticipating, recognizing, evaluating, and controlling hazards to determine an acceptable level of risk
- Safety teams and safety meetings
- Ergonomics, including risk factors and corrective actions
- Personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Emergency action plans
- Safety specialists
- Production administrators
- Maintenance technicians
- Human resources staff
- Operations personnel
National Safety Council, Nebraska
11620 M Circle, Omaha, NE
March, June, November