Below are the OSHA regulations that are applicable for First Aid and Bloodborne Pathogens.
OSHA First Aid Standard 29 CFR 1910.151
Some of the regulation highlights:
- In the absence of an infirmary, clinic or hospital in close proximity to the workplace, a person or persons shall be adequately trained to render first aid
- The employer shall ensure the ready availability of medical personnel
- First aid supplies must be available and accessible to employees in the event of an emergency
OSHA Bloodborne Standard 29 CFR 1910.1030
The employer shall...
- provide annual training for each employee with occupational exposure in accordance with the requirements
- ensure appropriate personal protective equipment is available
- make available the Hepatitis B vaccine and vaccination series to all employees who have occupational exposure
- maintain an Exposure Control Plan
The person conducting the training shall...
- be knowledgeable in the subject matter covered by the elements contained in the training program.