The National Safety Council, Nebraska has partnered with AAA to provide a DMV-approved online driver education course for teens to become safe, licensed drivers in the state of Nebraska. Completion of this program will satisfy the requirements to receive a Provisional Operators Permit (POP) without having to take additional testing through the DMV.
Our online Driver Education course features:
- Flexible, convenient schedule – study and test anywhere, anytime!
- 26 hours* of interactive online training. Up to 6 hours of the course can be completed per day. There is a two hour waiting period after first 3 hours before resuming course.
- Up to 6 hours behind the wheel time with a certified National Safety Council, Nebraska driver education instructor.
- Newer model NSCN cars equipped with latest technology are provided for student drivers.
*Average student completion time.
Requirements and Registration:
- Teens need to have valid Nebraska Learner's Permit (LPD). The DMV interactive online test is a great way to prepare for the written test: DMV Permit Practice.
- Register by clicking the REGISTRATION button on this page. Once you have completed and paid for your online training, you will receive an email with your log-in information.
- As an added convenience, you will choose your behind-the-wheel drive time while registering online.
After successfully completing the program, the National Safety Council, Nebraska will input the completion information into the Nebraska DMV database. You will receive a congratulations e-mail and instructions on how to obtain the POP, as well as a link to print your Certificate of Completion.
How long will it take my teen to complete the online Driver Education class?
The entire online class takes an average of 26 hours to complete. Students may only complete a maximum of three (3) hours of the course per day.
Does my teen need to finish their first online course module before the behind-the-wheel driving sessions begin?
Your teen’s behind-the-wheel driving sessions may be scheduled and begin start prior to starting the first online class.
Where does my teen go to meet their behind-the-wheel driving instructor?
Unless other arrangements have been made, your teen will meet their driving instructor for their driving sessions at the National Safety Council, Nebraska’s facility located at 11620 M Circle, Omaha, NE.
What happens after my teen completes the online class and the behind-the-wheel driving sessions?
After your teen completes the online class, completed their driving sessions and passes their road test, the National Safety Council, Nebraska will upload their course completion information into the DMV database. Your teen will receive a Congratulations e-mail and instructions on how to obtain their Provisional Operator’s Permit online, as well as a link to print their Certificate of Completion.