5 Easy Steps!
- Apply for your child’s Learner’s Permit through the Nebraska DMV.
- Register for a driver education class at the National Safety Council, Nebraska. You will need your teen's learner's permit number and birth date to register.
- Attend the driver education class and behind-the-wheel drive sessions. Once completed the National Safety Council, Nebraska will submit the teen's completion information electronically to the DMV.
- Apply for the Provisional Operator’s Permit at any of the DMV locations in your county of residence. You can also do this online and the DMV will send you the license in the mail. The National Safety Council, Nebraska does not issue permits or licenses.
- Make sure you understand what the Graduated Driver License Provisions. Download the driving restrictions.
If you have any questions or concerns throughout the driver education process, please contact us.