Online safety training that will change poor driving behaviors in less than 30 minutes
With NSC Defensive Driving Course (DDC) Online Modules, your company will have the flexibility to train your employees with the full library providing a comprehensive safe driving program, or select individual topics based on your organization’s specific training needs. Each module presents real-life driving scenarios and hazard recognition exercises that will educate your employees about safe driving practices. Approximately 20 minutes in length, DDC Online Modules offer a convenient “bookmark” feature to allow employees to learn at their own pace.
- Lane Management – Provides drivers the knowledge to use traffic lanes properly and safe-driving techniques to prevent lane-related collisions in various driving circumstances and situations.
- Speed Management – Provides the knowledge to manage driving speed in the most common driving conditions and situations.
- Avoiding Fixed Objects – Identifies the reasons why drivers collide with fixed objects, and offers key safety practices and safe driving techniques that can eliminate these preventable collisions (designed for public utility and service industry vehicles).
- Avoiding Impaired Driving – Teaches practical, common sense techniques how to avoid and respond to reckless impaired driving on our highways.
- Avoiding Fatigued Driving – Learn the warning signs of drowsy driving and how to change your sleeping habits and decisions to help ensure the safety and health of your driver.
- Avoiding Aggressive Driving – Learn how to respond to and avoid aggressive drivers and keep from becoming an aggressive driver in the most stressful driving situations.
- Intersections – Analyzes the reasons why drivers collide at intersections and offers defensive driving procedures to avoid these deadly crashes.
- Weather and Road Conditions – Learn the proper defensive driving techniques to maneuver your vehicle in extreme weather and road conditions.
- Backing and Parking Lot Strategies – Offers safe driving techniques to help drivers avoid preventable collisions in multiple backing and parking conditions and situations.
To purchase the online modules, please contact your account manager or customer service.Corporate Driving Program
Teach others to save lives by becoming a certified NSC Instructor. Be prepared to teach Adult or Pediatric First Aid, CPR & AED, Basic Life Support, or Bloodborne Pathogens.
You will learn teaching methods and presentations skills to be a First Aid/CPR/AED certitied NSC instructor.
*** Course content is learned prior to this two-day class by taking the NSC First Aid, CPR & AED course the instructor candidate plans to teach. The course should be completed in a six-week window prior to the Instructor Development Class. For convenience, an Adult First Aid, CPR & AED class is offered the day before the Instructor Development Course.
For more information or to register, click here.
Once you have completed the training, NSC certified instructors may purchase the necessary workbooks/certification cards necessary to complete training (see above).
Learn how to train your forklift operators for safe operation and meet OSHA requirements with this Train-the Trainer course. Our one-day classroom course teaches prospective instructors how to deliver complete in-house training programs, design exercises for staff evaluations, and instruct non-operators how to work safely around forklifts.
You will learn:
- OSHA Powered Industrial Truck Standard 1910.178 and 1926.602 compliance
- How to evaluate operators' performance
- How to educate non-operators about working safely around powered industrial trucks
- How to teach safe procedures and maintenance
You will receive an easy-to-follow Facilitator Guide with companion DVD (plus PC/Mac CD-ROM version) that lets course leaders engage and involve participants through all seven instructional modules.
Who would benefit
- Warehouse/shipping/receiving managers
- Construction site managers
- Safety managers
- Safety committee members
- Operations managers
For more information, click here.
Once you have completed the Forklift Train-the-Trainer class, instructors may purchase the necessary workbooks/forklift kits to complete the employee training (see above).
No other group in your organization has the kind of hands-on, daily presence to influence behavior as your supervisors and managers. NSC's Supervisors' Safety Development Program includes 16 modules that can be taught in any order. Each module focuses on critical requirements for workplace safety improvement and includes management approaches and regulatory issues that apply.
The Supervisors' Safety Development Program (SSDP) trains supervisors and managers to incorporate best safety practices into their daily management activities. A key feature of the program requires participants to demonstrate they have acquired the knowledge and skills from training and are prepared to implement them in the workplace. Supervisors' Safety Development Programs are offered:
- In the NSCN classroom, register here
- Onsite at your location (speak to your account manager)
- Online via Adaptive Learning
SSDP Online uses adaptive learning technology to fit the needs of the individual learner. Similar to a tutor, Adaptive eLearning identifies knowledge gaps by measuring how much a student knows at each point in training, as well as how confident the student is their answers. From there, it guides the student on an individualized learning path to build knowledge. To order, contact your account manager.
The National Safety Council Employee Safety Perception Survey provides your organization the information and insight necessary to gauge and improve your safety performance. Surveys are leading indicators of future safety performance, unlike injury rates, which are lagging indicators of past experience. With this valid and reliable information, you can evaluate your program, establish priorities, motivate improvement, and monitor performance at multiple sites, locations, and departments.
The National Safety Council researchers have developed a unique survey that enables organizations to evaluate their safety management systems from several perspectives. More than just obtaining safety performance data, our in-house staff of research and statistics experts also helps management interpret the meaning behind the numbers. We benchmark your results with a proprietary database of surveys conducted at more than 750 establishments, representing over a million employees, to give you a perspective on how your safety management system compares to other operations.
If you interested in hearing more, contact your account manager or customer service.