The following Safety Positions are currently available with National Safety Council, Nebraska member companies. To post your position, simply log-in to the Member's Only site. If you are not a member, join us! Position posting is only one of the many benefits of being a member.
Darland Construction Co.
Responsibilities for this position include:
• Ensures compliance with federal, state and local laws related to safety in order to reduce or eliminate hazards. Responsible for accident data compilation, abatement and record keeping.
• Acquire, maintain and redistribute information on current health and safety regulations. Use this information to develop, coordinate, implement, audit (personnel, equipment and materials) and enforce safety programming company-wide.
• Lead safety education efforts, including new hire orientation and regular training meetings.
• Serve as the main point-of-contact for safety communication; the Safety Director will maintain regular communication with necessary agencies, management, office staff, field supervision and sub contractors.
• Provide safety-related supervision, guidance and support for company employees.
To be successful in this position, the candidate must have:
• Bachelor's Degree in construction management, occupational health and safety, engineering or related training/experience required.
• Minimum five years of construction safety experience.
• 30-hour OSHA training required; other relevant safety, health, construction or environmental qualifications are a plus.
• Strong, diplomatic leader with a passion for doing what is right over what is easiest.
• Firm understanding of federal and state safety regulations with demonstrated ability to identify known potential hazards and lead implementation of corrective actions
• Excellent problem-solving and communication skills to lead and interact at all levels of the organization.
• Must have a valid driver's license and the ability to travel between multiple projects; site visits will generally be within 150 miles, but extended travel may be required on occasion (less than 10%).
402-330-1440 x 231