National Safety Council, Nebraska (NSCN) was founded in 1924 as the “Omaha Safety Council” by a group of businessmen who concluded that 75% of workplace accidents could be prevented. Over time, we have changed our name and expanded to serve the entire state of Nebraska.
NSCN is a private, non-governmental, non-profit 501(c)(3) organization and the only National Safety Council chapter in Nebraska. We are led by a volunteer board of directors and a staff of highly trained industry leaders and expert instructors. Our mission is to be Nebraska’s leading organization providing education and advocacy to reduce injuries and save lives in the workplace, at home, and on the road.
We believe that all Nebraskans have the ability to make their lives safer and we are here to help.
We are safety without shortcuts.
Recognized for excellence:
- National Safety Council (NSC) Honor Chapter Award (2015, 2016, 2017)
- NSC President’s Chapter Award (2016)
- NSC Driver Safety Program Award (2016)
- DDC Online, DDC4, DDC 8, and Attitudinal Dynamics of Driving
- NSC Driver Safety Program Award (2015)
- DDC Online, DDC 4, Attitudinal Dynamics of Driving, and Professional Truck Driver
- NSC DDC-4 Instructor of the Year Awards (2009, 2013, 2017).
- Honorable Mention Better Business Bureau “Integrity Award” (2009)
- Motorcycle Safety Foundation “Outstanding Motorcycle Safety Support” (2008)
View our 2017 Annual Report.