This course allows the student to become a trainer in the Outreach Program and to conduct both a 10-hour and 30-hour construction safety and health course and to issue cards to participants verifying course completion. Students must prepare a one-hour presentation on an assigned OSHA Construction Industry Outreach topic individually and pass a written exam at the end of the course.
Note: Applicants may substitute one of the credentials below for two years of the safety experience requirement.
• A college degree in Occupational Safety and Health
• Certified Safety Professional (CSP) designation
• Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) designation
Note: Authorized OSHA Outreach trainers are required to take OSHA 502 every four years to maintain instructor status.
Subjects covered in the 10-hour and 30-hour programs
The most hazardous exposures using OSHA standards as a guide
Use of visual aids and handouts
• Personnel interested in teaching the 10-hour and 30-hour Construction Industry Outreach
• Completion of OSHA 510
• Five years of construction safety experience
National Safety Council, Nebraska
11620 M Circle, Omaha, NE
January, April, July, October 8am-4:30pm
11620 M Circle
Omaha, NE 68137
P : 402.896.0454
F : 402.896.6331
Toll-Free : 800.592.9004
Office Hours: Mon-Fri 8am - 4:30pm
In Person Registration: Mon-Fri 8am - 5pm