Behind The Wheel Driver Education, Refresher and Evaluation for Adults
Whether for work, because you haven't driven for a while, or as part of a remediation campaign for safer driving, we can help. Call for one of our Driver Education Specialists to set up a customized driver refresher course.
If you've never held a Nebraska Operator's License, this class includes:
(current cost - $350.00 as of May 22, 2010)
- An 8 Hour Defensive Driving class: For those age 16-25 our Alive @ 25 and a STOP-4 class (both 4 hours each) and a STAR class for over age 25
You may sign up to take the defensive driving class upon registration. (Payment is due at this time) Class sessions are on Mondays and Tuesdays from 6-10pm or Wednesdays and Thursdays from 6-10pm or Saturday's from 8am to 5pm
You must provide your own transportation to the 8 hour defensive driving course
- 6 hours "Behind The Wheel" Training
- Our instructor will contact you to set up three two hour behind the wheel sessions
- Certificate of Completion
- A certificate of completion will be provided for attending the defensive driving class
- Pickup and drop off at our office, or your location for an additional fee.
- This service is only available for the three two hour behind the wheel sessions for an additional fee for each two hour session (based on your zip code)
Individual Driver Refresher - (Current cost is $50.00 per hour-two hour minimum)
If you have a valid Nebraska Operator's Driver’s License, but haven't driven for some time, or want input from a driving instructor on how to improve your driving skills, we can schedule a refresher course at our location using our vehicle. This would include observation of your current driving skills, advice on how to improve those skills, a drive test and a written report if requested of the results of the drive test. We do not offer evaluations. Evaluations should be administered at an approved driving rehabilitation facility with an Occupational Therapist on staff.
Pick up and drop off is available at your location for an additional fee based on your zip code.
Call 898-7371- Monday through Friday 8:00am to 4:30pm. For on-site registration stop by our location (11620 "M" Circle-southeast of 120th and "L" Streets to enroll today! (Current hours for on-site registration are 8am to 4:30pm, main upper level Monday through Friday and 4:30pm to 6:00pm lower level Monday through Thursday, and Saturday from 7:30-9:30am - lower level)
Payment: Due at registration. The National Safety Council, Greater Omaha Chapter (NSC,GOC) accepts VISA, Master Card, Discover and American Express. Payment via credit card may be accomplished via telephone. Payment with cash or check is available at our location during the above business days/hours. Our registration staff will inform you of the available dates for the defensive driving course at registration.
You will be contacted by our instructor for the three two hour behind the wheel sessions which are based on the instructor's availability.