The following Safety Positions are currently available with National Safety Council, Nebraska member companies. To post your position, simply log-in to the Member's Only site. If you are not a member, join us! Position posting is only one of the many benefits of being a member.
See flyer for information on the safety coordinator position at Pottawattamie County.
Questions can be directed to:
Job title Project Safety Manager
Company Name The American Fence Company
Location Omaha, NE
The Project Safety Manager provides on-site technical safety and health support to branch staff and installation teams. The Project Safety Manager is responsible for the oversight and management of large projects key to the operation including the logistical coordination of project completion and coordinates work and operations of all staff on a specific project.
1. Promotes safety and health awareness through specific training programs; including weekly tool box safety presentations and fence industry and equipment specific certification programs.
2. Audits practices and records of branch staff to ensure compliance with company programs and federal/state occupational safety and health regulations
3. Conducts daily Job Hazard Analyses (JHAs), reviews and updates existing JHAs.
4. Leads and participates in the hands on inspection of all equipment, trucks, and trailers.
5. Monitors safety and health regulations and provides technical support to branch staff to ensure compliance with federal and state safety and health regulations.
6. Participates in the all injury/illness and non-injury accident investigations and follows up as necessary.
7. Enforces the safety related policies and procedures of American Fence. In partnership with the Director of Safety, identifies and implements corrective action as needed.
8. Lead project specific scheduling meetings to review current status and outstanding issues. Partner with Superintendents and Sales Staff to ensure project is prepared for installation and billing.
9. Resolve customer concerns in regards to safety or project status by partnering with appropriate staff.
10. Assist in performing job costing to assure profitability based on establishing and comparing project information.
11. Process purchase requests based on project costing to assure costs are covered and materials are ordered.
Hours: Full time
Kari Hockemeier (531) 329-4403
Health & Safety Coordinator-FRE01868
Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. Together with farmers, customers, governments and communities, we help people thrive by applying our insights and over 150 years of experience. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work.
Cargill Pre-mix & Nutrition (CPN) is a leader in providing nutrition solutions for meat, milk and egg producers. Our business develops and delivers a broad range of innovative, high quality nutritional solutions and products for our customers. By understanding and responding to customers’ needs we are able to offer them distinctive value, which in turn will help create growth opportunities for our customers. CPN leverages the research capability and extensive knowledge of nutritionists, veterinarians, and scientists with access to some of the best information available about animal nutrition and performance to develop the best offerings to serve our customer base to satisfy their specific needs and requirements.
Responsible for promoting, training and assisting teams with understanding of Health and Safety practices and standards. Further develop and enhance Health and Safety programs focusing on continuous improvement, maintenance and team safety culture.
Coordinate H&S duties to meet regulatory and Cargill requirements. Investigate and perform root cause analysis of safety incidents including reportable injuries, near misses and SIF (serious injury or fatality) incidents. Complete required reports to meet specified deadlines.
25% - Develop/maintain current safety programs and procedures. Provide Safety On-boarding to new hires. Identify best practices consistent with and in support of the H&S strategy.
25% - Execute and maintain H&S training schedule. Ensure incident or near miss action items are created with follow-up for completion. Facilitate monthly safety training sessions to meet compliance standards along with any special safety training sessions as needed. Coordinate and participate in safety investigations.
20% - Identify and assess Health and Safety risks. Maintain and keep accurate all required Health and Safety logs and reporting materials.
20% - Entry of monthly metrics in the appropriate system within time limits.
10% - Coordinate all external H&S activities (hearing tests, breathing tests, safety shoes, eye glasses, first aid training, etc.)
Relocation will not be provided for this position.
• High School Diploma or GED equivalent
• Minimum 1 year of Health & Safety experience • Attention to detail • Good written and verbal communication abilities • Demonstrates organizational skills • Experience with safety programs • Working knowledge of MS Windows (word, excel) • Ability to train employees and influence change • Ability to collaborate and communicate effectively with remote team members • Basic Business Acumen – Applies basic business acumen to partner effectively with business counterparts • Basic External Partnering – Builds basic relationships & negotiates effectively with external groups
• Experience with internal audits to ensure compliance and ability to identify and manage risks • Certified in construction safety programs • Continuous safety improvement education • Experience in change management in an industrial setting • Experience in leading cross functional teams • SAP experience • Experience in a Plant Manufacturing environment – Demonstrates basic practical knowledge of manufacturing processes & operations
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
Primary Location US-NE-Fremont
Shift Day Job
Cargill's North America protein business produces fresh, frozen and cooked beef, turkey, pork, chicken and egg protein offerings, sauces, soups, case ready products, pet treats and by-products for our retail, foodservice and food ingredient customers. Located in America's agricultural heartland, Cargill Protein's Wichita, Kansas, headquarters provides a central location from which domestic and international customers are served.
As a customer-centric organization, Cargill Protein focuses its wealth of business expertise and capabilities, innovation, research and development, consumer insights and product support to deliver protein solutions that offer distinct value to help its customers grow. Cargill Protein also focuses on product quality, employee safety, food safety, animal wellbeing, environmental impact, improved sustainability and community engagement as it strives to nourish the world in a safe, responsible and sustainable way.
Cargill Protein has a diverse 28,000-member team and operates approximately 60 protein primary and further processing facilities, distribution centers, feed mills, hatcheries, and an innovation center in the U.S. and Canada, in addition to maintaining international sales offices.
Position Overview -
The Second and Third Shift Occupational Health Nurse RN/LPN provides customer service to Health Services department clients and clerical support to the Health Services department. Primary responsibilities include triage and treatment of employees with work related and personal injuries/ illnesses, OSHA recordkeeping, translation, workers compensation administration, hearing conservation and CPR program support and instruction, and other duties as assigned.
Principal Accountabilities -
30% Typing documentation and data entry
25% Triage and treatment of employees with work related and personal injuries/ illnesses.
20% Customer service to Health Services department clients (answer phone, questions, assist with completing paperwork)
15% OSHA recordkeeping compliance
10% Hearing conservation program management
Minimum Required Qualifications -
• Current Nebraska Nursing licensure
• HS Diploma or GED Equivalency
• Able to work Monday-Friday and Saturdays when production works
• Able to work second or third shift hours (second shift will be 1pm-9pm and on Sat/ occasionally or third shift will be 4:30pm-12:30am and on Sat/ occasionally).
• Demonstrate strong computer/technical skills and capabilities (e.g. must type> 70wpm, Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, Outlook, Access, and PowerPoint).
• Able to multitask
• Autonomous decision maker
• First aid and Triaging experience
• Ability to work with others of diverse backgrounds
• Ability to work in continuously changing environment
Preferred Qualifications -
• Bilingual in English & Spanish (able to read, write, and speak)
• Case manager experience and knowledge of workers compensation
• Occupational Health experience
• Registered Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
Apply online here
11620 M Circle
Omaha, NE 68137
P : 402.896.0454
F : 402.896.6331
Toll-Free : 800.592.9004
Office Hours: Mon-Fri 8am - 4:30pm
In Person Registration: Mon-Fri 8am - 5pm