The following Safety Positions are currently available with National Safety Council, Nebraska member companies. To post your position, simply log-in to the Member's Only site. If you are not a member, join us! Position posting is only one of the many benefits of being a member.
LOCATION: 3301 G Street, Omaha
COMPANY NAME: Quality Refrigerated Services
JOB SUMMARY: The Process Safety Coordinator is responsible for assessing and identifying the potential risks that may hinder the reputation, safety, security and financial prosperity of the company. Once risks have been identified, assessed and evaluated, Process Safety Coordinator is tasked with implementing processes and procedures to ensure the company is prepared to deal with potential threats. The Process Safety Coordinator will oversee the daily execution of required procedures and policies.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
• Conduct Risk Audits and Assessments
• Analyze documents, reports and market trends
• Assess organization's risk management policies and protocol
• Understand business objectives
• Gather information regarding environmental policies and evaluate the effects of proposed risks against current processes
• Work experience in warehouse or manufacturing environment or equivalent combination of experience and education
Hours: Full time
LOCATION- Omaha, NE
COMPANY- Arctic Insulation
Arctic Insulation Inc is looking for a part time Safety Coordinator in Omaha, NE.
Prequalifications, safety compliance, tool box topics (build and track), DOT and training tracking and verification.
OSHA 10hr minimum
Contact Judy Stark, 402.457.5064 firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Title: Safety Specialist (30000629)
Reports To: Safety Director
To promote the maintenance of a safe and accident free work environment by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Participates in the investigation of vehicle accidents and injuries, identifies causes and find corrective actions to alleviate any future occurrences.
Inspects facilities to detect existing or potential accidents and health hazards and recommends corrective/preventative measures where indicated.
Trains and monitors associates to properly inspect equipment to detect existing or potential failures and recommends corrective/preventative measures where indicated.
Maintains all safety training logs
Through observations, media or occurrences, review current safe work practices and develop new or corrective practices to promote a safe work environment.
Engage Transportation & Warehouse Associates to follow the Sysco Work Methods into their daily job functions.
Promote a workplace that is free from alcohol and control substances.
Develop and promote a compelling yearly training program that captures the attention of associates and entails all the required elements of SyscoSafe, DOT and OSHA compliance.
Manage Driver DOT compliance and files.
Conducts weekly safety blitzes to promote safety awareness.
Other duties as related or assigned.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree (B. A./B.S.) from four-year College or university; and one to two years related
experience in a Safety position; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Experience preferred in warehouse, transportation, production or industrial environment.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals,
technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business
correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond
to questions from groups of managers, employees, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions,
percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations
where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished
in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that
must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The
employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms, sit; use hands to
finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls and drive to conduct driver observations. The
employee is occasionally required to, drive, stoop, bend, climb, lift up to 40lbs Specific vision
abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and depth perception.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative
of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works near moving
mechanical parts and in outside weather conditions and is occasionally exposed to fumes or
airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and extreme cold.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Contact Jesse Keebler 402.421.5239, email@example.com or see the job posting
Title: Safety Coordinator
Mosaic is a faith-based nonprofit organization providing a life of possibilities for people with intellectual disabilities. We offer competitive pay and benefits, development opportunities and a positive work environment. Mosaic is currently looking for a Safety Coordinator to join our team at the National Office in Omaha.
Job Posting Link to apply: https://recruiting.adp.com/srccar/nghome.guid?c=1076241&d=ExternalCareerSite&r=5000227465906
Or contact Jason Metz 402.896.3884, firstname.lastname@example.org
Safety & Compliance Officer
M.E. Collins Contracting Co., Inc.
M.E. Collins Contracting Co., Inc. is currently accepting applications for a Safety and Compliance Officer. Please apply online at www.mecollinscontracting.com or call 402-443-3663.
The Director of Safety and Compliance is responsible for maintaining and developing all safety programs and objectives to insure a safe work environment for employees. Position is responsible for all compliance with state, federal and local safety regulations and supports compliance with training to all employees of M.E. Collins Contracting Co., Inc. MECC will provide leadership in all areas of operations, regarding safety policy and procedures.
Position duties include:
Maintains MECC Injury & Illness Prevention Program
Coordinate all training events
Work with employees to improve safety awareness
Attend safety meetings as required
Facilitate New Employee Orientation safety awareness
Coordinate and maintain Employee Safety Committees
Must have a passion for safety and working with others
Ability to work flexible schedule based on needs of business
Strong communication, time management, organizational skills and computer skills needed
MECC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Prior experience or equivalent training preferred.
402-443-3663 or email@example.com
Job title Project Safety Manager
Company Name The American Fence Company
Location Omaha, NE
The Project Safety Manager provides on-site technical safety and health support to branch staff and installation teams. The Project Safety Manager is responsible for the oversight and management of large projects key to the operation including the logistical coordination of project completion and coordinates work and operations of all staff on a specific project.
1. Promotes safety and health awareness through specific training programs; including weekly tool box safety presentations and fence industry and equipment specific certification programs.
2. Audits practices and records of branch staff to ensure compliance with company programs and federal/state occupational safety and health regulations
3. Conducts daily Job Hazard Analyses (JHAs), reviews and updates existing JHAs.
4. Leads and participates in the hands on inspection of all equipment, trucks, and trailers.
5. Monitors safety and health regulations and provides technical support to branch staff to ensure compliance with federal and state safety and health regulations.
6. Participates in the all injury/illness and non-injury accident investigations and follows up as necessary.
7. Enforces the safety related policies and procedures of American Fence. In partnership with the Director of Safety, identifies and implements corrective action as needed.
8. Lead project specific scheduling meetings to review current status and outstanding issues. Partner with Superintendents and Sales Staff to ensure project is prepared for installation and billing.
9. Resolve customer concerns in regards to safety or project status by partnering with appropriate staff.
10. Assist in performing job costing to assure profitability based on establishing and comparing project information.
11. Process purchase requests based on project costing to assure costs are covered and materials are ordered.
Hours: Full time
Kari Hockemeier (531) 329-4403
Health & Safety Coordinator-FRE01868
Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. Together with farmers, customers, governments and communities, we help people thrive by applying our insights and over 150 years of experience. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work.
Cargill Pre-mix & Nutrition (CPN) is a leader in providing nutrition solutions for meat, milk and egg producers. Our business develops and delivers a broad range of innovative, high quality nutritional solutions and products for our customers. By understanding and responding to customers’ needs we are able to offer them distinctive value, which in turn will help create growth opportunities for our customers. CPN leverages the research capability and extensive knowledge of nutritionists, veterinarians, and scientists with access to some of the best information available about animal nutrition and performance to develop the best offerings to serve our customer base to satisfy their specific needs and requirements.
Responsible for promoting, training and assisting teams with understanding of Health and Safety practices and standards. Further develop and enhance Health and Safety programs focusing on continuous improvement, maintenance and team safety culture.
Coordinate H&S duties to meet regulatory and Cargill requirements. Investigate and perform root cause analysis of safety incidents including reportable injuries, near misses and SIF (serious injury or fatality) incidents. Complete required reports to meet specified deadlines.
25% - Develop/maintain current safety programs and procedures. Provide Safety On-boarding to new hires. Identify best practices consistent with and in support of the H&S strategy.
25% - Execute and maintain H&S training schedule. Ensure incident or near miss action items are created with follow-up for completion. Facilitate monthly safety training sessions to meet compliance standards along with any special safety training sessions as needed. Coordinate and participate in safety investigations.
20% - Identify and assess Health and Safety risks. Maintain and keep accurate all required Health and Safety logs and reporting materials.
20% - Entry of monthly metrics in the appropriate system within time limits.
10% - Coordinate all external H&S activities (hearing tests, breathing tests, safety shoes, eye glasses, first aid training, etc.)
Relocation will not be provided for this position.
• High School Diploma or GED equivalent
• Minimum 1 year of Health & Safety experience • Attention to detail • Good written and verbal communication abilities • Demonstrates organizational skills • Experience with safety programs • Working knowledge of MS Windows (word, excel) • Ability to train employees and influence change • Ability to collaborate and communicate effectively with remote team members • Basic Business Acumen – Applies basic business acumen to partner effectively with business counterparts • Basic External Partnering – Builds basic relationships & negotiates effectively with external groups
• Experience with internal audits to ensure compliance and ability to identify and manage risks • Certified in construction safety programs • Continuous safety improvement education • Experience in change management in an industrial setting • Experience in leading cross functional teams • SAP experience • Experience in a Plant Manufacturing environment – Demonstrates basic practical knowledge of manufacturing processes & operations
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
Primary Location US-NE-Fremont
Shift Day Job
Cargill's North America protein business produces fresh, frozen and cooked beef, turkey, pork, chicken and egg protein offerings, sauces, soups, case ready products, pet treats and by-products for our retail, foodservice and food ingredient customers. Located in America's agricultural heartland, Cargill Protein's Wichita, Kansas, headquarters provides a central location from which domestic and international customers are served.
As a customer-centric organization, Cargill Protein focuses its wealth of business expertise and capabilities, innovation, research and development, consumer insights and product support to deliver protein solutions that offer distinct value to help its customers grow. Cargill Protein also focuses on product quality, employee safety, food safety, animal wellbeing, environmental impact, improved sustainability and community engagement as it strives to nourish the world in a safe, responsible and sustainable way.
Cargill Protein has a diverse 28,000-member team and operates approximately 60 protein primary and further processing facilities, distribution centers, feed mills, hatcheries, and an innovation center in the U.S. and Canada, in addition to maintaining international sales offices.
Position Overview -
The Second and Third Shift Occupational Health Nurse RN/LPN provides customer service to Health Services department clients and clerical support to the Health Services department. Primary responsibilities include triage and treatment of employees with work related and personal injuries/ illnesses, OSHA recordkeeping, translation, workers compensation administration, hearing conservation and CPR program support and instruction, and other duties as assigned.
Principal Accountabilities -
30% Typing documentation and data entry
25% Triage and treatment of employees with work related and personal injuries/ illnesses.
20% Customer service to Health Services department clients (answer phone, questions, assist with completing paperwork)
15% OSHA recordkeeping compliance
10% Hearing conservation program management
Minimum Required Qualifications -
• Current Nebraska Nursing licensure
• HS Diploma or GED Equivalency
• Able to work Monday-Friday and Saturdays when production works
• Able to work second or third shift hours (second shift will be 1pm-9pm and on Sat/ occasionally or third shift will be 4:30pm-12:30am and on Sat/ occasionally).
• Demonstrate strong computer/technical skills and capabilities (e.g. must type> 70wpm, Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, Outlook, Access, and PowerPoint).
• Able to multitask
• Autonomous decision maker
• First aid and Triaging experience
• Ability to work with others of diverse backgrounds
• Ability to work in continuously changing environment
Preferred Qualifications -
• Bilingual in English & Spanish (able to read, write, and speak)
• Case manager experience and knowledge of workers compensation
• Occupational Health experience
• Registered Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
Apply online here
EHS & Facilities Manager
Demonstrates in-depth knowledge, understanding and application of environment, health and safety and workers' compensation laws and regulations and translates them into actionable processes, programs and practices.
Drives the understanding and implementation of the Cardinal Health EH&S management system.
Provides managerial support and subject matter expertise that ensures appropriate EH&S systems and resources are in place.
Designs, develops and implements procedures, programs, processes and systems that ensure EH&S compliance, and enhance EH&S performance.
Demonstrates depth and breadth of knowledge in the area of hazard recognition, evaluation and control.
Drives execution of tactical and strategic initiatives in order to eliminate hazards and reduce or eliminate the associated risks utilizing continuous improvement tools.
Bachelors in related field, or equivalent work experience, preferred 8+ years experience in related field, preferred
Apply online at http://jobs.cardinalhealth.com/search/jobdetails/ehs--facilities-manager--norfolk-ne/19e37c7d-649d-4a03-a168-edcaf947d655
11620 M Circle
Omaha, NE 68137
P : 402.896.0454
F : 402.896.6331
Toll-Free : 800.592.9004
Office Hours: Mon-Fri 8am - 4:30pm
In Person Registration: Mon-Fri 8am - 5pm