"The Critical Issues Breakfasts are beneficial and rewarding for safety professionals, managers, and supervisors. By attending these breakfasts, I have been able to expand my knowledge of safety issues that affect many industries, and have been able to grow my network of friends and colleagues. This is a must-attend series for those interested in workplace safety."
Christopher Cantrell, Director of Safety & Chief Boiler Inspector
Nebraska Department of Labor
The Critical Issues Breakfast Series brings national-level speakers to share inspirational true stories, leadership support, methods for transforming safety cultures, advice on avoiding/de-escalating confrontations, mock workers' comp trials, and more.
Safety directors, HR professionals, executives, risk managers, supervisors, and business owners should attend these informational breakfast meetings. Participants leave with knowledge to make their jobs easier and workplaces safer. This breakfast is also a great chance to networking with others in the safety business while enjoying a tasty breakfast!
Location: Regency Lodge 909 South 107th Ave
Time: 7:30am - 9:00am
2017 Breakfast Series Speakers:
January 26 – Overcoming Insurmountable Odds, Matt Jones, Matt Jones International
February 23 – Health Protection & Health Promotion; Ensuring a Safe and Productive Workforce, Dr. Canedy
- March 23 – Prescription Drugs; The Cost of Doing Nothing, Gary Henson, Shatterproof and Tess Benham, National Safety Council
- April 27– Learning from Others, Mishap Discussion Panel, Panel to be announced
- May 19 – No breakfast meeting scheduled this month
- June 22 – Make Safety Fun, Richard Hawk, Make Safety Fun. Workshop to follow at the National Safety Council, Nebraska offices immediately after breakfast.
- July 27– Roadmap to Risk-based Decision Making, Bruce Lyon, IBT Kansas City
- August 24– Optimizing Human Performance, Travis Hoops, OPPD
- DATE CHANGE - October 5 - Fall Protection Awareness, Chad Eley, Honeywell/Capital Safety
- October 26 - Stress Management: Are You a Burnout?, Kit Welchin, Kit Welchin Presentations
- November 16– Value Creation Within Your Organization, Shawn Galloway, ProAct Safety
Note: Breakfast is held on the 4th Thursday of every month EXCEPT November in 2017. This will be held on the 3rd Thursday. No Breakfast scheduled for May and December.
- Single ticket – $40 per session member/$45 non-member (please note which sessions you plan on attending.
- Complete series attendees at $275 member/$375 non-member
- Full table – 8 complete series attendees $1875 (discounted rate – less than $235 per person)
Workshop following June breakfast:
Guest speaker Richard Hawk will provide a 4 hour workshop titled: Innovative Ideas to Keep Your Safety Program Fresh on Thursday, June 22, 2017.
The event will be held at the National Safety Council, Nebraska from 10-2:30 and will include lunch.
Special pricing for Breakfast Series/Workshop participants:
- Workshop Regular Pricing: $199 members/$229 non-members
- Breakfast series attendees: Only $27 member/$375 non-member PLUS Workshop for ONLY $445/545
- Breakfast series full table attendees (8 seats for all 10 sessions): $1875. PLUS Workshop for all 8 attendees ONLY $3275 (attendees do not need to be the same person)
Can't make a breakfast? No problem!
Tickets can be passed to another individual such as a co-worker or client - just let us know who will be attending in your place.
11620 M Circle
Omaha, NE 68137
P : 402.896.0454
F : 402.896.6331
Toll-Free : 800.592.9004
Office Hours: Mon-Fri 8am - 4:30pm
In Person Registration: Mon-Fri 8am - 5pm